- Constructed of anodized aircraft aluminum
- Servos use magnetic encoders for years of service
- Neck has 5 motions, all coupled to only 3 servos. Only three control inputs are necessary to program
- Controlled by any PWM servo controller, microcontroller, or simple RC system
- Intended for industrial performance animatronics and those wishing to get rid of messy, expensive, and complex hydraulic systems
The Industrial Animatronic Neck Mechanism was developed by Custom Entertainment Solutions to provide a plug-and-play solution to those wanting to create life-like motions on a human-sized animatronic android or character. All components used are of the highest quality. Each neck mechanism is hand-assembled and tested before shipping.
This is perfect for replacing leaky, messy, and expensive hydraulic systems, for those who are creating new, state of the art animatronics, or those who need a research platform for the Mecha ToMoMi head that will allow realistic, emotive head motion.
The head shown is a solid composite laid-up casting with a rigid mount to the neck mechanism. It is available as an additional option during checkout.
Reference kinematic and servo specification drawing is available upon request.